Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Humpday Huddle



I’ve been extremely busy lately so I haven’t had as much time to write, but I have wanted to weigh in on a few topics before the week is over and hopefully I can come through with a column for tomorrow. ; Let’s be random…

;

Did I hear that correctly? ; Appartently the Golden State Warriors turned down a trade that would have netted them O.J. Mayo and Nasheen Thabeet for Monta Ellis…craziness

;

There are a lot of interesting rumblings coming out of the 2010 Draft/Combine. ; Tim Tebow is working on changing his throwing motion. ; This is one of the more intriguing stories of the draft. ; It is easy to root for Tebow because of his faith and his character but I just don’t see him being an effective NFL quarterback. ; NFL defenses are too fast, too smart and too powerful for a guy who dominated the college ranks with those same traits. ; His passing ability is very suspect because of that long wind-up release. ; The transformation that he’s attempting will be very difficult as he has thrown with the same motion for the last 20 years. ; Some people try to compare Tebow to Vince Young, but VY has demonstrated the tools and ability to excel on the NFL level. ; Young does everything Tebow does, but way better. ; This should be an interesting development and I’m sure there are GMs and teams out there that can make this marriage work, but I would stay away from this guy for the most part.

Continue reading "Humpday Huddle"