Sunday, June 14, 2009

The simple evolution of the NBA Draft history piece



I actually never knew how the NBA Draft used to be, so I am glad I am doing this piece. I learned a lot researching the draft and the evolution of what it has become over the years.

If you don't know about it either, you may find this interesting. Before entering the best and worse New York Knicks draft choices, let me fill you in with Draft information. You may like it.

Most of my post are opinion based, but here are the facts. The first ever Draft took place in 1947. For 18 seasons, there were anywhere from 13 to 17 rounds to pick through, featuring something called territorial picks. Teams that were having a harder time drawing fans could chose not to use its first-round pick and select a local player instead, hoping they would bring in an already established fan base.

Continue reading "The simple evolution of the NBA Draft history piece"